FrSky Taranis X9D Special Edition 2.4Ghz Transmitters
Buy Here from official UK FrSky Dealers.
FrSky is notorious for its frequency hopping ACCST technology, which takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, providing excellent range and reliability. The well known pilot and long time user of FrSKy, "Mr Steele", originally fitted a U.FL to sma connector in place of his original 'rubber ducky' antenna on his FrSky Taranis X9D, then connected a stronger gain antenna in place. At 8dBi, Steele was able to achieve greater distances and reliability amongst his surroundings. In addition to using this, many other users discovered the accuracy and smoothness of the new M9 Gimbals that were being sold separately. This combination of the two changes proved to be the ultimate go-to when considering a reliable and quality transmitter. FrSky began to see this trend and erase the process of changing these parts personally and allow all pilots of any skill level to experience the feel and quality of this duo combo plus even more additions and changes (see specs below). Thus, born the X9D Plus - Special edition. The choice of 4 skins are available, just to show-off that you aren't running any old X9D. Skins are; Camoflage (black and white), Blazing Skull, Rock Monster and Carbon Fiber.
This New Edition includes:
- M9 Gimbals with Hall sensors
- Custom M4 Stick Ends
- Higher quality switches
- Detachable antenna with SMA connector
- Custom printed EVA Soft Case, with basic instructions, stickers, a neck strap, stick protectors and a battery charger.
- And the usual X9D Plus Features
The choice of skins are shown below:
The specification, including the original X9D features:
• Full telemetry ACCST 2.4GHz system using the PXX protocol for super low latency with SMA connector
• RSSI alarms (warns you of receiver signal reception problems before disaster strikes)
• Haptic Feedback vibration
• 16 channels (32 channels when combined with an external XJT module)
• 60 model memories (extendable by SD card)
• 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
• 16 custom curves with 2 to 17 points each
• 32 logic switches
• Voice or custom sound alerts
• USB and SD card slot for system expansion
• Long range system capable of up to 2 times the range of current 2.4 systems
• Hall Sensor Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
• State of the art open source software
• Large 212 X 64 backlit LCD screen (2 backlight colour options)
• Real time data logging
• Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol)
• JR Style module bay for additional RF modules and so much more
• Selectable tx mode (1, 2, 3, or 4). Ships in Mode 2, Throttle on left stick.
• 3 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
• Trims Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trim options.
• Standard trainer jack
• ARM Cortex M3 32bit 120MHz
• Integrates with OpenTX Companion (Windows/Mac/Linux) – a FREE computer program that can be used to set up models. It also has wizards to speed up the setup process. You can save, edit and share your models and settings as well as simulate your transmitter or model setup.
• USB connection (Mini USB B connector) for firmware upgrades, sound editing, R/W to the microSD card and
integrate with OpenTX Companion.
• Multiple language support (Radio arrives configured for English language)
• System: D16, D8, LR12, switchable
• Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is
used). Note that the Taranis X9D Plus EU version is only compatible with LR and X series EU version receivers.
• Operating Voltage Range:6~15V DC (2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable) A 7.2V 2000mAh low self-discharge
6 cell Nickel–metal hydride battery is standard.
• Current drain: 260 mA maximum (both RF power and backlight on).
• Operating temperature: 10°C to 60 °C
• Operating humidity: 45%80%
• Operating barometric pressure: 860MBar1060Mbar
We also offer the FrSky Q X7 Transmitters in our store in either White or Black and these can be purchased here.